Sunday, September 26, 2010

Bottling up our Harvest Goodies.

One of Jeremy's favorite parts of going to Grandma & Pa Greenhalgh's house, is getting to have some of their yummy sweet pickles. So since this is the last year my grandparents will be having a garden, I thought I better learn how to make the yummy relish. I went to Nephi for a weekend to get the process down, since it is a two day process. A few weeks later my sister and I decided to give it a try.
First Day: Cutting all the veggies & adding them to the salt brine
(The pearl onions give your hands a great smell for days.
My husband wouldn't come close til the smell was gone).

Second day: adding the dry mustard and other savory ingredients

Heather and I with our finished product.
We were so proud that we did it on our own & only had to call Grandpa two times.
Now I have got the bragging rights with these in my pantry, or at least when it comes to Jolyn & Todd (cousins who love this delicious treat & have yet to learn how to make it) I guess I will share a bottle.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You go girl, looks like summer was super fun. Wow, good job on that big tree in your yard. Hope everything is great.