Thursday, January 14, 2010

Resolution smalution, blah, blah, blah (venting)

Like my title? So I am not into making New Year's Resolutions because I don't like disappointment. But secretly I have had these goals in the back of my head to be a better homemaker, mother, wife, organizer, and really the list goes on and on. But I decided I need to at least make an effort.
I really actually don't mind cleaning my house, but on one condition; that I am the only one home. Being that that doesn't happen very often, my house only looks clean. No deap cleaning unless Jeremy does it. I know that it shouldn't be too hard to clean a house with only one 2 yr old running around the house with me, but for some reason I struggle. I can always think of funner (i know that isn't a word) more exciting things I would like to do during the day.
For some reason yesterday I got the itch to clean. Brielle was busy watching Elmo, her new favorite person, so it gave me a minute to clean a bathroom. I was so impressed with myself that I got one whole bathroom cleaned! And then when Brielle took her nap, I cleaned the master bathroom in my bedroom and that includes scrubbing the shower & our big tub!! I also did the dishes (a daily duty, but none the less I am including it), folded laundry, & washed windows and mirrors. It was a very successful day. I also fit in time to workout too-for the 2nd time this week!! Not quite sure what has come over me, but I think I like it. I was even a good wife and didn't make dinner! Yes I am a lucky wife of a man that would rather I didn't cook. Not that the cooking is bad, you can ask him or Weston if you don't believe me, but Jeremy works out a lot & doesn't want a big dinner before heading to the gym. His ideal meal is a sandwich or cereal during the week. So he made us dinner! (Mac n' cheese & hot dogs, but who is complaining!) Today Brielle is sick so we are kind of taking it easy. But I did straighten all her toys and am organizing all her old clothes by age for storage! & the dishes, again a daily duty & paid the bills-all of them, hooray!! I am really having a good week. Just wanted to share a positive post. Hope this good mood and goal seeking continues although I do suffer from "Happiness Anxiety" ~when things are really good you have anxiety knowing the bad is not far behind. Thankfully the bad helps us realize the good.

3 comments:

Hallie said...

Great job! I hate resolutions too, but like you, I have a list in the back of my mind of things I need to improve on. I hope everything stays good for you.

Gates said...

that was a cute post....GO YOU!! :)

Chantelle said...

hey stilson fam, i know jeremy from his mission. your family is beautiful!! my sister told me about your blog a while ago and i thought i'd take a peek ;)

brielle is so cute she looks like a stilson eh?

my cousin tansley (jeremy may remeber her) just had a baby and named her brielle too. love the name!

have a good one,

chantelle