Monday, December 28, 2009

No Place Like Home for the Holidays!

This year we stayed at home for Christmas. It was nice to have my parents & brother come for Christmas Eve and day. I have been busy baking pecan tassies, peanut butter cups and truffles. There is nothing like smelling the baked goods at home, visiting with neighbors & exchanging gifts during the holidays. I love Christmas time!!! The Saturday after Thanksgiving we went up Manti canyon and cut down our Christmas tree. It is a fun tradition Jeremy and I both have had from childhood. Christmas morning at our house.
My father made Brielle this beautiful rocking horse which looks just like the one he had as a child.
Brielle only had eyes for the kitchen Santa brought her. She didn't have any interest in the other gifts and toys until later that day.

We spent the morning playing with our gifts as well before heading to Grandma Kone's for lunch.

The holidays have been so nice, especially after our earlier events that week. It has been fun to visit with family, play games, eat yummy food and even have a white Christmas. We hope your Christmas was very Merry and that your New Year will be a good one!!

3 comments:

Pamela Brown said...

I am glad that you guys had a good Christmas. It is nice to have Christmas at your own house and start your own traditions or carry-on some from your parents. I love the rocking horse, it is so Beautiful. I hope you guys have a wonderful New year!!!

bundy family said...

Like your dad made that horse! That is awesome. Its so fun to see your pictures of the house...its been so long since ive been there.

I need to blog. You are making me look bad.

Lindsay Family said...

I just read your last couple of posts and I am sorry to hear your sad news. We think about you guys all of the time and you are in my prayers.