Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Brielle's first 4th of July celebration!




This 4th of July weekend we went to Manti for the Freedom Festival. It was a fun weekend full of activities. The morning of the 4th, Jeremy, Josalyn, Danny, Kim and Tom ran the 5K for the festival. Jeremy improved on his time by about 3 minutes. He is getting faster each time he runs. Later that day, Brielle was in the Freedom Festival Fashion Show with her cousins at the city park, where all the main events take place. It was fun to relax and eat snow cones and navajo tacos with the family. To get out of the heat we went to Palisades State Park and swam . The water was quite cool, but it felt good in the 100 degree heat. At night we watched the fireworks over the Manti High School's football field. Brielle liked the big fireworks, but not so much the little ones we did at the house the night before. The next day Jeremy, Brielle and I headed to Maple Canyon yo meet up with Danny, Josalyn and Wesley for a little bouldering and hiking. We hiked to the waterfall and had a nice picnic in the canyon. Later that night we met up with the family for dinner and Jeremy was talked into helping his brother and nephews brand their calves. It was the first time I had seen branding done. It was very tiring for the men, but Sharron and I really enjoyed the show. -Heidi

4 comments:

danny said...

cool picture of me all sweaty

Hallie said...

Heidi, Brielle is absolutely adorable. I'm glad Heather sent me the link to her blog so that I could then find your blog too. I'm so excited to catch up on both of your lives. I've missed our summers spent together. Hallie

Kimi said...

Such a cute picture of Brielle! It was fun to get together for the 4th! Wish we could have stayed the next day for the cattle branding! Mom said it was quite entertaining!

Anna said...

Hey Heidi! I found your blog through Heather's blog! Brielle is so dang cute! I hope all is well - Heather tends to keep me posted! Anna