Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Fantastic Way to Celebrate a Birthday!

Jeremy spent his birthday fishing at Starvation Lake with his brother Shane, and apparently it was a Great day because they both can't stop talking about it!
This fish is a Walleye (not sure if I spelled that right-Jer will have to edit this post).
It tastes similar to Halibut. I wouldn't know personally because he didn't bring any home due to rushing to get home-I'll get to that later.

Shane with one of the many types of trout also in the lake.




I know this picture looks nothing like fishing and that is because it is the only decent picture I took of his Surprise Birthday Party that I had planned for later that night, which is also what he was rushing home to get to and not bringing home the walleye.
He has been going fishing just about every other weekend and is usually home by 4 or 5pm. I figure that if I planned the party for 6:30 that he would be home in time. I was wrong! Somehow each time he told me Starvation Lake, I thought of Strawberry. Starvation is 2 hrs from home, Strawberry is 1 hr. Not to mention the time for loading and unloading the boat which they hadn't ever used on previous fishing trips. So when I called him at 5:45 and asked how long til he would come home and he said a few hours out still!!!! I was a little concerned for the party guests. I finally clued Jeremy in to him missing his own Birthday party unless he hustled and thankfully he did just that without getting in a wreck or messing up the boat. The guests were very understanding and we hung out and ate until Jeremy arrived at 7:30! I invited his work buddies and a few neighbor friends and we BBQ'd brauts & hot dogs. I also made his favorite cake Tres Leches!! Yum! Although, I don't recommend cleaning, weeding, mowing lawns, decorating, baking, & shopping for two days straight while you are 7 months prego with a 3 yr old! Thankfully he is worth it! Thanks to all the friends & family that came & helped make the party a great success!

No comments: