Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Getting through the shots.


Monday, I took Brielle to the Dr's for her two month appt and to get her immunizations. I was really worried for the shots. She did well, but she has been a sad girl over the past couple days. She looked so startled as the nurse poked her with the first syringe and then just started to scream. She cried through the rest of the shots and then for a few minutes afterwards. I gave her her binky and she settled down and fell asleep. Poor girl.

She now weighs 12 lbs and 6 oz and is 24 inches long. The doctor says she is growing and progressing very well. He noticed that she holds her head up well and is very alert.

I attached a picture of her in her Sunday dress and matching shoes the day before the appointment, looking very happy in her car seat.

Hope you are all having a good week!

Heidi

1 comment:

Kimi said...

I hated taking my kids for shots! I still hate it! I especially hated those darn PKU test where they poke their tiny little heels and squeeze the heck out of them to get blood! I think you are done with that one though...if I remember right they do that one at birth and 2 weeks.
I love that you are blogging! It's fun to see the pictures and read the details! Have a good Sunday!