Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Falling in Love

This past November I got the chance to throw my cousin Megan a bridal shower. They didn't get married until December 8th, but I didn't want to have the shower be winter themed so since her colors were deep purple and sunflower yellow, we went for a Fall themed shower. We found lots of great ideas on Pinterest, like this carved pumpkin with their names. (Thank you Pinterest! Where were you when I got married!)


When the guests arrived (all family of the bride + the grooms mom and sister) they were able to write down some advice for the couple and leave it in this basket. The jar next to the basket held date nights, cheap and expensive, that the guests all wrote down during a game. It was really fun & creative!


I also made her a towel cake as part of my gift.

 This banner was hanging on my mantle with the theme of the shower.

 The food table (after it was just about empty) We ate yummy soups, salads & rolls.

Some of the bride's family




The lovely Bride showing off the bridal cape her aunt made her for the temple

The groom's sister & mom & the mother of the bride and bride.

The shower was so much fun to throw! The only downer part of the whole night was my floating candles went out just as the guests sat down to eat. Everything else was a success and it was a fun night of visiting! Austen and Megan make such a cute couple. Their wedding was held at the Oquirrh Mtn Temple in Riverton, UT. It was a very snowy day and reminded me so much of my wedding day. Others in our family mentioned the same thing. The luncheon was held at the Gathering Place at Gardner Village and then the reception was at Soldier Hollow in Midway, by where they are from. The couple is planning to live in Provo and sad to say I haven't even talked to them much except at our grandmothers funeral. We'll have to catch up with them soon.

No comments: