Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Grandma Marjorie

Well If you read my last post you know that my dear Grandma Greenhalgh passed away just before Thanksgiving. She suffered a stroke in June and was hospitalized most of the remaining part of her life where they also learned she had lymphoma. I love my Grandma dearly and think of her every day. Each time I am making her pancakes or her cowboy delight. Whenever I put on an apron or get a letter in the mail. My Grandma and I wrote often. Sometimes about day to day things and other times it was all about family history. She loved doing family history and telling stories. She had some great stories too, my favorite; Epamenondus. I tell Brielle the story sometimes when I am putting her to bed. Brielle misses her too. Just writing this now is really difficult to hold back emotion. She is so dear to me and it is hard to believe she is no longer here. She lived in Nephi so I didn't get to see her too often. Which is why its hard to think she is not still in Nephi. While she was being treated at U of U hospital I was able to go up at least a few times a week and visit with her. She was always introducing me to all the staff and she was always good about making you feel so loved. I actually dreamed about her last night. We were at a family party at a park. She was walking with Grandpa over to get some food when I ran up to her and hugged her. I did it so quickly that she had to hold me back at arms length to see who I was and then she said "Heidi!" I was so excited to see her again. I am so excited to see her again. I know she looks down on me and all our family daily. 



No comments: