Tuesday, September 16, 2014

A Trip to Get Away!

Jeremy had a conference in Vegas the last week of March for work. He flew down with co-workers, so since it was Spring Break for Brielle, I decided to head down that way too. I picked up my niece and nephew who were off-track and headed to St. George. Unfortunately on the way there our car broke down, again. That is a whole different story which I'd like to forget and will not mention more about. Anyhow, after my dad came to rescue us in Fillmore we finally arrived in St. George later that evening. That messed up my plans a little for getting to Vegas that night, but I rented a car the next morning and headed to Vegas. I left all the kids with my mom which was an added bonus! I needed a break and was looking forward to a little time with Jeremy. During the day he had classes so I went to visit my brother, his wife and my little nephew Keegan. Isn't he a chunkers!!! So cute!!
 I also went shopping and read my book by the pool. It was so nice not having to pack and carry kids around and to have some time to myself!
In the evening we went to dinner and walked a little on the Strip. We got to see the new humongous Ferris Wheel. It was pretty cool to see and maybe someday we'll take a ride on it.
 We also saw a show "Recycled Percussion" I think was the name. They did all sorts of tricks while beating on just about anything you can think of that you can recycle. We even joined in with the show by beating on our own recycled instruments.
 After Jeremy's conference was over we headed back to St. George to see our kids again. We took them hiking on the red rocks and to a bounce house before my dad drove us home.



 We also visited my Grandpa who lives in a retired community in St. George. The kids were pretty entertained by his stories of riding horses. 

No comments: