Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Surprise! We're getting double the fun! (June 19th 2014)

This ultrasound picture is not the most clear, but I think we all (including the doctor) were quite shocked!
Looks like we will be doubling our family mid-November. The ultrasound pic shows two sacs. Even though most think this means they will be fraternal twins, the truth is they could still be identical. We will only know once they are delivered whether or not they are sharing a placenta. If they share then they are identical, if they have their own, then they are fraternal. 
We took the kids out to Arctic Circle to celebrate and share the exciting news. We even videoed them, but somehow didn't get the reaction we were expecting. I think they were in shock like the rest of us. 
We shared the news with our parents and immediate family first and then spread the news on Facebook. It was a fun shocking reaction from everyone. Most ward members and friends didn't even know that we were expecting, let alone TWINS!! Oh! and we did see that one is a definite GIRL! It looks like Brielle and Landon may end up getting one of each gender just like them. We will see in another month or so about the other. When we went into the Doctor's office (thankfully I had Jeremy come to this appointment hoping the Dr would do an ultrasound. The previous 2 appointments I saw the nurse only because he left to deliver-I felt he owed me the first ultrasound pic of the little bean growing inside me). The moment he laid the ultrasound wand on my belly we saw the 2 sacs! He immediately took it back off and asked if we saw that!??? Jeremy just started saying "Are you serious?" My view of the screen was slightly blocked by the doctor, but by the reactions, I knew exactly what they saw. I was shocked into silence. Then the doctor said, "Let's just make sure there are only two." Good idea I thought!! We confirmed just the two. But that appointment definitely changed my world!!Our world! We have been in an excited overwhelmed state of shock ever since!

No comments: